Tag: 杭州胭脂坊 论坛

Al-Islah militiamen ban newspaper in Yemeni city

first_img February 11, 2021 Find out more February 26, 2021 Find out more After several days of repeated threats, Al-Islah militiamen finally confiscated copies of Al-Sharea in Taiz yesterday and banned its distribution in the city, the newspaper’s editor, Naif Hassan, said. Al-Islah is an Islamist party with Muslim Brotherhood links. Al-Sharea has often published reports about corruption involving local chiefs and had begun a series of investigative reports about senior Al-Islah officials. Hassan said he would not allow himself to be intimidated. “We will not stop distributing the newspaper,” he said.  “We will continue to assert our constitutional right.” Al-Islah militiamen had already kidnapped the newspaper’s distributor, Zakaria Hassan Yasser, and his driver, on 25 November as they were transporting that day’s issue. They were freed the next day under pressure from the Yemen Journalists Syndicate and human rights defenders. Help by sharing this information Reporters Without Borders (RSF) condemns the Al-Islah party’s ban on distribution of the Al-Sharea newspaper in the city of Taiz, in western Yemen. This censorship of what is one the region’s few independent media outlets is unacceptable, RSF says. “The Al-Islah militia must cease at once to interfere in Al-Sharea’s distribution and to prevent the circulation of news and information,” said Sabrina Bennoui, the head of RSF’s Middle East desk. “Journalists must be able to work freely and readers must have unrestricted access to the fruits of their work, to diverse and independent reporting.” to go further News YemenMiddle East – North Africa Condemning abusesProtecting journalistsMedia independence Armed conflicts December 6, 2019 Al-Islah militiamen ban newspaper in Yemeni city Receive email alerts Fixer for foreign reporters held in Aden for past five monthscenter_img News Follow the news on Yemen News RSF_en United Nations: press freedom situation “deeply worrying” in Yemen, according to RSF Yemen is ranked 168th out of 180 countries in RSF’s 2019 World Press Freedom Index. Hassan, the editor, said that, in the days following their release, gunmen identifying themselves as local security officers tried to prevent the newspaper’s distribution by threatening to burn down the bookshops and newsstands that sold it. YemenMiddle East – North Africa Condemning abusesProtecting journalistsMedia independence Armed conflicts News Organisation Yemeni journalist killed, nine wounded in Aden airport explosions January 6, 2021 Find out morelast_img read more

GD NASSCO gets USD 15.3m contract for LPD-19 refit

first_imgBack to overview,Home naval-today GD NASSCO gets USD 15.3m contract for LPD-19 refit View post tag: GD-NASSCO GD NASSCO gets USD 15.3m contract for LPD-19 refit Share this article View post tag: US Navy General Dynamics National Steel and Shipbuilding Co. has been awarded a USD 15.3 million firm-fixed-price contract modification to a previously announced deal for the execution of USS Mesa Verde (LPD-19) docking phased maintenance availability.  This effort provides for repair of engine casualties as well as maintenance, the US Department of Defense said.Work will be performed in Norfolk, Virginia, and is expected to be completed by May 2019.Fiscal 2018 operation and maintenance funding in the amount of USD 7.7 million will be obligated at time of award and will expire at the end of the current fiscal year. The Naval Sea Systems Command, Washington, has awarded the contract.USS Mesa Verde is the third San Antonio-class amphibious transport dock the first ship in the navy named in honor of the Mesa Verde National Park in southwestern Colorado. It was christened in January 2005 and commissioned in 2007.center_img View post tag: USS Mesa Verde March 15, 2018 View post tag: LPD-19 Authoritieslast_img read more

The Masters: Dustin Johnson tied at the top, Danny Willett leads English charge | Golf News

first_img 1:46 Dustin Johnson currently sits as joint leader of this year’s Masters after scoring a total of 65 on day two Johnson again looked in cruise control as soon as play resumed at 7:30am, making a two at the 12th and three birdies over the last four holes which rounded off a first-round 65 that matched Paul Casey’s best-of-the-day effort on the weather-disrupted first day.After around an hour between rounds, Johnson restarted on the 10th and made a mockery of the difficulty of Amen Corner, birdieing 11, 12 and 13 to vault three clear of the field and looking likely to race further ahead until he bogeyed 14 and then came up short with his second to 15 – one of many to find the water at the front of the green. – Advertisement – World No 1 part of a four-way share of the overnight lead at The Masters on nine under par, three English stars just two off the pace, while Rory McIlroy fights back from tough start as second-round 66 revives title chances. By Keith JacksonLast Updated: 13/11/20 11:40pm 2:03 Danny Willett says it was nice to see his name on the leaderboard after a four-year absence with the 2016 champion is seven under for the tournament and two off the lead Dustin Johnson currently sits as joint leader of this year’s Masters after scoring a total of 65 on day two Thomas closed out a 66 before making a poor start to his second round, although he recovered with four straight birdies from the 15th only to then make a mess of the first and give another two shots back.He did respond with a four at the second, and a birdie-birdie finish capped an adventurous 69, while world No 2 Jon Rahm is just one off the lead and has a five-foot birdie putt to return to on the 13th green when play resumes at 7:30am on Saturday morning (12:30pm GMT).Willett has not made the halfway cut at Augusta National since he took advantage of Jordan Spieth’s collapse in 2016 and powered to the title, but he is well-placed for a weekend challenge after rounds of 71 and 66 – the latter achieved despite not having a driver in his bag. Get Sky Sports Golf for just £10 a month – Advertisement – Rory McIlroy is six behind after a second-round 66 Justin Rose says he felt good about playing The Masters and was very pleased with his first round of 67 Three-time champion Phil Mickelson “drove like a stallion” but “putted awful” in rounds of 69 and 70 which got him to five under, while Bernhard Langer created Masters history as the evergreen 63-year-old got through 36 holes in three under and became the oldest player to make the halfway cut.Woods had a late start to his second round and looked a little erratic in an outward 36, making birdies at both par-fives but dropping shots at the third and seventh, and he had just tugged his drive at the 11th into the first cut and faces a tough 203-yard second when he gets back to the course on Saturday.McIlroy, full of optimism heading into the tournament, looked disconsolate as he trudged off the 18th green having needed 39 strokes to negotiate the back-nine as he signed for a first-round 75 which left him not only 10 shots behind Casey, but needing a sub-70 second round to avoid a missed cut. Rory McIlroy is six behind after a second-round 66 Rory McIlroy is six behind after a second-round 66

NegOcc wary of reopening seaports, airport

first_imgHe hopes that the National Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) would allow his request to further suspend air and sea travel in Negros Occidental. BACOLOD City – Gov. Eugenio Jose Lacson said it would be “very difficult” to quarantine individuals arriving in Negros Occidental once seaports and the province’s airport reopen on June 1 – when the province further downgrades to a modified general community quarantine. BY DOMINIQUE GABRIEL BAÑAGA Lacson admitted that even now, the provincial government was having a hard time placing returning Negrense overseas Filipino workers on quarantine. The governor had earlier forwarded a proposal introducing protocols such as requiring those entering the province to undergo quarantine in order to be swabbed. Lacson said the provincial government’s newly-established bio laboratory in Silay City will come into operation before June 1. Even so, Lacson said, the provincial government would try to get all the records of individuals entering Negros Occidental in order to use them on contact tracing, and implementing “targeted testing” for individual who would show symptoms of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19). He added it would help them expedite the testing of returning OFWs and stranded individuals, and allow them to free up space in their quarantine facilities, since those who test negative for the virus will be allowed to return home. However, following pronouncements made by President Rodrigo Duterte last Monday that travel should not be hampered, Lacson conceded he would be “powerless” if the IATF rejects his proposal./PNlast_img read more

SPORTS PERSONALITY: ‘For me, karate has become like a lifestyle’ says 18-year-old Kemo Cornelius

first_imgCHARMED by the skills of martial arts movie legends like Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan while growing up, 18-year-old Kemo Cornelius is definitely willing to emulate those two idols. At eight years old he started training in the combative sport of karate, now ten years later he’s quickly progressing in the sport.The youngster has been winning locally, regionally, and internationally since 2009, and has already advanced to being a 2nd Dan black belt.Cornelius is a student of the Association Do Shotokan Karate, and trains under sensei Amir Khouri.“It’s been awesome. I advanced through my belts quickly, reaching black belt, and then two years later I got promoted to 2nd Dan black belt, which I am currently. I’ve been more focused on tournaments though, so I haven’t been up for exams since.” Cornelius said when we caught up with him.Karateka Kemo Cornelius (right) with his sensei Amir KhouriAt the last Caribbean Karate Championships in Jamaica, the 18-year-old won silver in the Boys’ 17-19 individual kata.This follows a string of medals over the years, both in the individual and team divisions.At the International Karate Daigaku (IKD) World Cup in Canada, in 2015, he won four gold medals: three from team events, and one for the Boys’ 17-19 individual kata.He won another four gold medals in 2014 at the Caribbean Karate Championships, in Trinidad and Tobago, while he won three team gold medals for the Boys’ 14-16 team kata, team bunkai, and team enbu.Because of his size, it could easily be argued that Cornelius does not fit the conventional look of a karateka, but the Caribbean champion sees this as more of an asset than a liability.“Most persons when they hear karate and fighting, they think big and strong guys, so I stand out mostly with my size, which I use to my advantage where I’m really quick and agile and consistently training to improve my level,” said the former St Rose’s High student.He added, “At first it was mostly the fighting, but as I learnt more and more especially reading up a lot on Bruce Lee’s perspective of martial arts, and how it makes us better as individuals it captivated me. So for me karate has become like a lifestyle, but the competition is still really awesome.”His performances overtime have not gone unnoticed, and the Government Technical Institute student was last year honoured as a Banks DIH brand ambassador for his stellar performances.And with karate finally getting a nod from the International Olympic Committee (IOC) for inclusion in the Tokyo 2020 Olympics, Cornelius is more determined than ever to develop his career, and perhaps make history as being among the first to participate in the sport at the Olympics.(tgarnett_sports@yahoo.com)last_img read more